Finally, a hearty dish for the carb-conscious (added bonus: it only uses one pan):
SKIRT STEAK AND WARM BEAN SALAD
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 5-6 oz steaks, skirt or sirloin
- 8-10 oz fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped into 2-3 inch pieces
- 8-10 oz grape tomatoes, left whole
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini or Great Northern beans
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
In an large skillet, heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook steaks in oil until medium rare, 3-5 minutes on each side. Remove steaks from skillet and set aside to rest on a cutting board.
Add remaining olive oil and green beans to skillet. Sauté, stirring intermittently, for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes, until tomatoes begin to wilt slightly. Add beans and vinegar. Mix thoroughly. Cook for 3 minutes, until beans are warmed through. Stir in salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
Slice steaks thinly and serve with a portion of salad.
Makes 4 servings. Enjoy!