Very little in tonight’s dinner could be deemed healthy, but sometimes you gotta have some baked cheese. For your consideration: Pizza in casserole form!
- 2 cups uncooked small tube-shaped pasta (macaroni, penne, etc.)
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped small
- 1 green bell pepper, chopper small
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 16 oz. pizza (or pasta) sauce
- 1 cup pepperoni slices, quartered
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a largish skillet, cook ground beef, garlic, onions, and peppers over medium-high heat, seasoning with salt and pepper. Crumble beef with a spoon and cook until beef is completely brown and vegetables are tender.
Drain pasta when done and pour into a 2.5-qt casserole dish. Add beef mixture, then pasta sauce, pepperoni, and milk. Stir to incorporate thoroughly. Bake uncovered in oven for 20 mins. Top with cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes (until gooey).
Makes 4-6 servings. Enjoy!